373, 21-Nov-96, 01:07, -E—-, 2670, Trans.Rad.Ny, US, New York
UN/ International Auxiliary Language
New York, November 19, 1996
REPORT OF THE MEETING ON THE INTERNATIONAL AUXILIARY LANGUAGE
Mark Fettes (UEA), Rochelle Grossman (UEA), Bill Pace (World Federalist Movement), Techeste Aherdom (BAHA'I), Marino Busdachin (Transnational Radical Party), Marco Perduca (Esperanto Radikala Asocio).
1) Gather as many information as possible on the International Auxiliary Language in order to produce a well structured exhaustive brochure on the subject. [UEA+TRP]
2) The brochure should be in English and French.
3) The brochure should be the group's presentation card for the Committee on NGO.
5) Organize a mailing and/or emailing list of Association on Esperanto (ELNA). [UEA+TRP]
6) Edit a paper and an electronic version of the brochure for emailing (bulkmailing) end/or emailing. [UEA+TRP]
LOBBYING FOR COMMITTEE ON NGO:
1) Find out which delegations might be interested in the International Auxiliary Language. [UEA+TRP+BAHA'I]
2) Send them the brochure (long version). [UEA+TRP+BAHA'I]
3) On the model of the Coalition for the International Criminal Court, start thinking about the opportunity of organizing a Coalition for the International Auxiliary Language (CIAL). [TRP+UEA+BAHA'I+WFM]
4) Find a convenor of the coalition. [BAHA'I]
5) Draft a letter (platform made of 2 to 5 points common grounds) to invite NGOs to be member of the CIAL. [UEA]
Long version for “like-minded” delegations and NGOs on Esperanto:
– history of the IAL and of its use
– linguistical issues
– economical aspects of translations and interpretations
– history of the Esperanto Movement
– political aspects of the right to language
Short version fro all delegations and all NGOs:
– resume of the first 3 points
– stress on the economical aspects of translations and interpretations
1) Organize a half-day seminar for mid-February 1997.
2) Invite as many associations as possible to the seminar.
3) Make it an educational/cultural event (children singing, University Professors)
4) Organize, same day as seminar, a first meeting with NGOs and associations interested in the matter.
5) Plan a conference in New York on the International Auxiliary Language, March-February 1997.
Composition of the Committee on NGO
Chair: Fidel Coloma (Chile)
Vice Chair: Vladlen Stefanov (Bulgaria), John Biggar (Ireland), Mr. Moses Dlamini (Swaziland)
Rapporteur: Ruth Limjuco (Philippines)
Questo messaggio è stato modificato da: Info_LI, 22 Apr 2004 – 21:57 [addsig]